Privacy and Advertising Policy
Who we are
are to Price Engines Ltd, Pioneer House, Derby Road, Stenson,
Derby, DE73 7HL. (Owners and copyright holders of the Quoter system.)
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information
that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any
services provided by Price Engines Ltd on this website and by using
any of our Quoter web sites generally you agree to this use.
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
What we do with your information
- Any personal details you type in and submit such as name, address,
email address, etc.
- Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and
how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information
when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies
from your navigation around the site. Our PHPSESSID cookie is set for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
Our sites are all compliant with the new EU cookie legislation for this reason. We have also determined that it is also essential for the provision of our service. WE DO NOT USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS.
A cookie is a small amount
of data, which we send to your computer. The data is then stored
on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to
prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting
cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can
normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser.
If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised
facilities. The cookies store information only for as long as
you are viewing the website. If you do not want your visits to
our website to be monitored in this way you can disable certain
cookie functions as described below: If you wish, you can usually
adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies.
If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site
but certain functions will not be available. Alternatively you
can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put
a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop
it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on
the type of Internet browser programme your computer uses. If
your computer uses Microsoft Windows Explorer or Mozilla Firefox,
you will need to follow these instructions after clicking onto
this link www.allaboutcookies.org.
Go to the heading "Manage Cookies". Click onto the option
you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying
you of them. From the list provided, click onto the programme,
which your computer uses. If this is not shown on the list, click
on the "help" heading on the bar at the top of this
page, search for information on "cookies" - an explanation
of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow these instructions.
- Your browser also generates other information, including which
language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol
address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers
which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever
you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider
or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example,
a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by
our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to
our web sites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally
but these logs may contain unique identifiable information left
by your computer.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails
we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used
in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable
laws. We'll use the contact information provided to obtain your
permission to pass your details to selected companies on our database.
Under no circumstances do we pass your details to anyone without your
The details we collect will be used:
From time to time, we may need to pass the information we collect
to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties
to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data,
monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our e-mails for
us. Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your
personal information for their own purposes.
- To process your enquiry, to maintain records and to provide
after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation
to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or
to provide after-sales service).
- We may use information that you provide or that is obtained
- To register you with our web site and to administer our
web site services.
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product
analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the
services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and
other customers with relevant information through our marketing
programme. We may use your information to make decisions about
you using computerised technology, for example automatically
selecting products or services which we think will interest
you from the information we have. We may keep you informed
of such products and services (including special offers, discounts,
offers, and competitions and so on by any of the following
- e-mail - we have a nice newsletter that we hope you choose to subscribe to. When you register on our sites we email an offer to subscribe. We will probably ask when we speak as well. If you don't want it, then that's no problem.
- telephone - we will call after your enquiry to see if we can help further. We're nice people and we promise never to pressure you in any way!
- Post - this is actually unlikely but we're covering ourselves just in case. If you don't want to recieve anything from us by post just tell us at any time.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter. <-- the lawyer added this bit, but we haven't done any for years. You never know, but we'd better still mention it just in case and because we paid a fortune for his advice.
- We may supplement the information that you provide to us with
information that we receive from third parties.
- As a result of your login / enquiry, you may receive a copy of our free
newsletter by email, upon receipt of which you may unsubscribe from
- We consider this as the starting process of your negotiations in the purchase of your exciting new home improvement. And we want it to work well for you.
At each stage we'll drop you a quick email with a 'transactional' note of what we've done. We will ask if you can provide feedback too to let us and our network companies know how we're doing.
As with all things here, if you want something to be different, just ask.
- You can ask us to update or remove your personal information
by emailing email@example.com
or by writing to us at our customer services address below. You'll get a reply almost immediately and your request taken care of in a matter of hours - not days or weeks.However,
please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order
to process orders or to comply with customer service or after
- You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information
we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following
address, or email firstname.lastname@example.org There's none of that "send £10" business with us. If you want to know what we're doing with your data, just ask and we'll tell you.
Customer Services (Data Request)
Price Engines Ltd
which may be linked to by our website are subject to their own policy,
which may differ from ours. To find out more about the “Quoter”
This domain will never be used or allowed to send unsolicited email (also known as UCE or SPAM). We strictly only allow to be sent emails to people who have registered their details with the sender and requested these communications in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (as amended).